Obtained [Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat].
Мы уже писали о том, что Blizzard планирует сделать лечение в World of Warcraft: Cataclysm более интересным, сосредоточив внимание лекарей на трех видах лечения: быстрый и неэффективный по мане, большой и долгий и эффективный, но средний. Теперь Ghostcrawler решил раскрыть больше подробностей о новой системе. Так, он объяснил, что она призвана побороть лечение одной или двумя кнопками, которое стало в ходу во времена Wrath of the Lich King. Разработчики, в какой-то мере, ориентируются на лечение в Burning Crusade, только непонятную новичкам систему лечения разными уровнями одного и того же умения разработчики заменят набором одинаково полезных заклинаний с разной эффективностью.
Например, среднее, но эффективное по мане заклинание никуда не денется. Им можно будет вполне успешно лечить группу в начальных инстансах. Оно будет полезно и далее. Просто если использовать только его – люди начнут умирать. Если же использовать только быстрое или сильное лечение – лекарь быстро останется без маны. Только на совсем высоком уровне прогресса игроки смогут добыть себе вещи такой мощи, чтобы использовать сильные заклинания более свободно, не опасаясь за быструю потерю маны. Разработчики планируют ввести большинству классов лекарей новые основные заклинания, чтобы эта система заработала. Исключение составят друиды. У них и так достаточно заклинаний, эффект которых нужно только изменить под новую концепцию. Эти тактические решения в бою должны сделать жизнь лекаря значительно более интересной, чем сейчас. Мало того, разработчики планируют для реализации этой идеи хорошенько перекроить общую механику: "мы изменим каждый параметр в игре, чтобы соответствовать большому количеству очков жизней, уменьшенной регенерации маны и всем изменениям в ветках талантов", заявил Ghostcrawler.
Rage Normalization in Cataclysm
- Warriors/druids in the lowest levels of gear can be Rage-starved.
- Warriors/druids in the highest levels of gear no longer have to manage their Rage when it becomes infinite.
- Warrior/druid tanks lose Rage income as they improve their gear and take less damage.
- The gameplay of warrior and druid tanks loses a lot of depth when massive boss hits means never having to manage Rage.
- Heroic Strike and Maul are effective, but tedious abilities for using up extra Rage.
- In general, warriors and druids dont have enough control over their Rage.
To resolve these issues, Rage will be normalized in Cataclysm. This will make the Rage gained by characters more consistent and avoid drastic differences between low-end and high-end gear.
The concept of normalized Rage may leave a negative impression on some veteran players, as we tried it once before in The Burning Crusade and it wasn't successful, resulting in them feeling weakened. However, we think that the concept is still sound — it was just that the previous implementation didn't balance the values correctly, leading to players being Rage-starved. That is not the goal. As part of the change, we want to give warriors and druids a lot of ways to control their rage, so even in the worst-case scenarios they wont feel like they lack the resource to do their job.
Here are some of the ways the Rage mechanic will change in Cataclysm:
1) Rage is no longer generated based on damage done by auto-attacks. Instead, each auto-attack provides a set amount of Rage, and off-hand weapons will generate 50% of the Rage main hands do. This amount is based on a constant formula which factors in the base swing speed of the weapon. This means the Rage gained should be averaged out between fast and slow weapons. The constant formula also gives us the ability to easily increase the rage gained if it feels too low (or reduce it if is too high). We are also implementing the following mechanics, which will still allow rage to improve to some extent as you improve gear:
- If the attack is a critical strike, it will generate 200% Rage.
- Haste will accelerate swing times to generate Rage faster.
2) Rage from damage taken will no longer be based on a standard creature of the characters level, but instead will based on the health of the warrior or druid. Again, there is a constant that is multiplied by the rage generated in order to allow for fine-tuning. This calculation ignores all damage reduction from armor, absorption, avoidance, block, or similar mechanics, so improving your gear will not reduce Rage gained.
3) We will provide warriors and druids with more instant sources of rage. For example, the warrior shouts are changing to work more like the death knight ability Horn of Winter. Instead of Battle Shout consuming Rage, it will generate Rage but have a short cooldown. Both classes will have additional methods to generate Rage in an emergency or bleed off Rage when they have too much.
4) All on next swing attacks in Cataclysm are being removed. Heroic Strike and Maul will be instant swings that cost a variable amount of Rage. For example, imagine Heroic Strike costs between 10 and 30 Rage. You must have at least 10 Rage to use the attack, but it will consume all available Rage up to a maximum of 30. Any Rage consumed above the minimum will cause the ability to hit harder, and in some cases much harder. We will tune the ability so that its generally not a good idea to hit it when you have low Rage (unless everything else is somehow on cooldown) but becomes a more attractive button the higher your Rage.
We understand this change may be scary for many players, but keep in mind that the constants in the formulas for gaining Rage will give us the ability to make quick adjustments if we feel Rage generation is too low. Our goal is for each character's Rage to not be always high or always low, but rather a resource that needs to be managed properly by the player.
На официальных игровых серверах уже можно обнаружить линейку квестов Icecrown Citadel, представленных в обновлении 3.3.3.
Команда World of Warcraft понесла тяжелую потерю. О своем уходе объявил Eyonix – известный специалист по работе с игровым сообществом.
Shadowmourne Questline Extra Rewards
If you read this site regularly, and I'm sure that you do, you probably remember the Icecrown Citadel quests introduced with Patch 3.3.3. These quests have finally appeared on live servers and the rewards from this questline are actually Shadowmourne extra rewards.
It looks like Blizzard decided to add a couple of flavor items to let you attract the attention even more! When you kill the Lich King with a player wearing Shadowmourne in the raid, you will get an additional item – Unsealed Chest. After bringing the chest to Darion he will open it up and let you bring the items back to their respective owners to get your rewards :
- Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger – A brand new mount that looks like the Death Knight's class mount.
- Muradin's Favor – A 10-minute Frost Dwarf transformation.
- Jaina's Locket – A portal to Dalaran on a 1-hour cooldown, you finally have your own pocket mage!
- Tabard of the Lightbringer – A tabard with a very shiny on-use effect.
- Sylvanas' Music Box – A music box that plays Lament of the Highborne.
I do realize that a couple of guilds with Shadowmourne already killed the Lich King in Patch 3.3.3, I will assume that the quest was bugged and only recently fixed. Thanks to Heist from EU-Genjuros for this info!
Fun fact, even the mount isn't bound on pickup. Time to buy all the Primordial Saronite at the AH.
You can detect no hinges or openings on this box. Were it not for the shifting of items inside, it could easily be mistaken for solid metal. If anyone could know the method of its opening, it would be Highlord Mograine.
Presumably, opening the box will contain five items, which the player will then return to their respective owners:
Quest – Jaina's Locket
Reward – Jaina's Locket
What's this? He… he kept it.. all this time he kept it! <Cries> I knew! <Cries> I sensed a part of him still alive… trapped… struggling. Oh Arthas! Perhaps he might someday remember from what he once was… By the Light may he at last find rest, free from the icy grip of that terrible blade!
Quest – Muradin's Lament
Reward – Muradin's Favor – Frostborn Illusion – Screenshot
Oh lad, how I missed those endless days in Lordaeron, sharpening your skill with this dull blade. Forging you into a weapon meant to withstand the demands of a great destiny. Heh You sure put them skills to use, didn't you lad? If only I'd been able to stop you that day, how different things migha' been. If only I'da never discovered that accursed blade. Farewell, Arthas, my brother.
Quest – Sylvanas' Vengeance
Reward – Sylvanas' Music Box
So, it is done. I had not dared to trust my senses. Too many times has the Lich King made me to be a fool. Finally, he has been made to pay for the atrocities he imposed upon my people. May Azeroth never fail to remember the horrible price we paid for our weakness, for our pride. But what now, Hero? What of those freed from his grasp but still shackled to their mortal coils? Leave me. I have much to ponder.
Quest – The Lightbringer's Redemption
Reward – Tabard of the Lightbringer
Arthas… Alas, hero of Azeroth. You give me a greater gift than you know. Long have I struggled to forgive the prince for his terrible transgressions. My soul has been wracked with unbearable anxiety, dark thoughts, distancing me from the light. I recall clearly… the gleam of pride in his eye as he stood before me, eager to defeat the enemies of the light… eager to defend his people, no matter the cost. It is this memory of Arthas that I choose to keep in my heart. I shall always be in your debt, friend. Thank you.
Quest – Mograine's Reunion
Reward – Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger
Alexandros: Darion, my son. At last I am able to lay my eyes upon you again. The Lich King tormented me without end, Darion. Endlessly he sought to break my will, to force me to serve him, to bind me to his blade. Finally, when events demanded his full attention, he left me. The one memory I clung to Darion, the one thought that kept me from giving in, it was your sacrifice, my son. That again saved me from eternal peril.
Darion: Father, father, I I feared for your sanity, father, for you, I would give my life a thousand times.
Two changes we're considering are combining all food and drink into food+drink and getting rid of the five-second rule in exchange for an out of combat rule. We're going to start talking a lot more about Cataclysm changes soon.
The FSR provides some interesting gameplay (but at a pretty high complexity cost). We think we can engineer similar gameplay where choosing spell A over spell B is a mana-based decision rather than casting vs. standing still doing nothing is a (less fun) mana-based decision. (Source)
Cataclysm Healing and effects on PvP
Ideally you'd go into an Arena game and not know immediately whether it was going to be an outlast game or a fast game. We don't have a problem with either case, but we think the overall experience is less fun when it's always and predictably one or the other (and in LK too often it's the latter).
We're not really interested in over-emphasizing mana draining as a dominant strategy, but running someone out of mana by causing a lot of damage seems perfectly reasonable. If you can't run the healer OOM then really your only options are to blow someone up while the healer is controlled or blow someone up so fast the healer can't respond. Again, those need to be valid strategies. They just can't be the only strategy. (Source)
Hybrid Tax System
We'll continue to polish it, but we're not fundamentally changing the design. We think there is plenty of evidence to suggest that pure dps would die off if more flexible classes could do everything they could do and more. Again though, in most cases gear or skill will have a much bigger influence on your performance than the potential maximums we engineer into the classes. While the averages more or less follow our general design (with some exceptions that we need to address), you can find plenty of individual parses where a hybrid "wins" or a pure "loses." (Source)
Farming Frost Badges in Heroics is boring
Some players like having a reason to still visit older content and a reason to do something on nights other than raid night, while other players want to be able to log in, raid, and be done for the week. It's hard to provide an incentive structure compelling enough for the first guy without the second feeling like he has to grind. The emblem system has a natural tapering off period where you start to get everything you need and have less and less a reas…
13 The Black Knight kills (Heroic Trial of the Champion).
6 Victories over Eadric the Pure (Heroic Trial of the Champion).
9 Victories over Hunter Champion (Heroic Trial of the Champion).
7 Victories over Mage Champion (Heroic Trial of the Champion).